Sunday, November 24, 2013

Walnut Cheese Balls

    These are great appetizers, if they last long enough to put out.  When I made them, I ate most of them before they had a chance to set up in the refrigerator. 


    This is made with walnuts but when I added black walnuts they became even better.  Since black walnuts aren't easy to come by, I kept the ingredients to just walnuts but I think it would be good with any nuts.

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups walnuts, chopped
8 oz cream cheese
4 oz goat cheese (I used brie)
3/4 cup dried fruit, chopped
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
4 teaspoons of finely chopped lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch ground black pepper

Directions:

With an electric mixer, cream together all ingredients except walnuts, salt and pepper.  Refrigerate one hour.

Add salt and pepper to chopped walnuts and mix. 

Make balls of cheese mixture and roll in walnuts to coat.  Refrigerate again for an hour...go ahead do that without eating any.  Good luck.  When you are ready to serve, sprinkle serving dish with left over nuts and put the cheese balls on top of that.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment